Sunday, December 13, 2009

Introducing www.desiPandora.com

I have been very very busy lately, I got the entrepreneur bug this September. It is one bug which doesn't keep you down but keep you up all the time, all night.This bug is one of passion and bring so much of it to you that you become stronger than superman and can do stuff in minutes which sound like crazy weeks before.

I hope this bug stays with me for throughout my life as my identity is my passion, w/o it I am just one of the rat running in the crazy rat zoo we call this world.

Enough of the emotions here, please put your hands together and help me welcome to this world www.desipandora.com

I am very big fan of Pandora.com A superb music recommendation service to play a stream of songs given your choice of song/artist/album/category. They do music genome analaysis (beats, speeds, moods, chords, vocals) to give you recommendation for similar songs/bands/music etc Their recommendations are crazy accurate and I have discovered many new bands I were totally clueless about thanks to Pandora.

Lately I have been having urges to listen to nice hindi music and that is where the pandora model breaks, the cost of adding songs to their library is significant needing music analysis plus the model is not self serving one. I cannot add my own collection of songs to add to pandora if they dont already have it. Pandora have added songs in hindi but I think their library is not fully stocked yet.

Here is where desiPandora.com comes to rescue, It rides on the biggest music library on the whole planet aka youtube. Given any keywords it searches youtube for similar songs make an initial playlist and keep playing related/recommended songs till it can.

Riding on youtube means you can query with any keywords, any language words spelt in english, song title, movie, album, artist name etc. And it will try to do the best youtube aka google search can make out of it.

I am very excited, I can finally have my own customized radio station tuned to my mood at the moment be it metallica or jagjit singh it has it all .. it knows me and loves me always :)

No comments: